Friday, November 1, 2013

A Little Halloween Tale

Halloween is different when no one in the house is a Trick-or-Treater.  No one in THIS house dressed up, or paraded through the neighborhood.  The days of sewing lots of costumes and rushing around all day to snap costumed kids in school parades have long since passed.

This Halloween, I observed, I enjoyed, I noticed.  It was slow, it was easy.  Here's the way Halloween looks from an ALMOST empty nest...

Running with the wildlife...


Crunching through the leaves...


Gazing up...

Noticing what's nearby...


Delighting in the decorations...


Cruising by the creepy stuff...


Perusing pumpkins on porches...


Seeking out the spider webs...


Grazing by the graveyards...


Following the flowers all bright and happy...


Dallying with the doggies...


Home sweet haunt...


Carving...


By the light of the moon...tricker treaters come soon...


End the night with a little wine!


Happy Halloween!  Hope yours was fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really travelled every beautiful step by your side. Halloween is So big in America isn't it. Growing in status here but not ever going to catch up I think.
Lovely photographs and presentation.
I am excited that a little parcel will drop on your lovely porch soon I hope x

Sher said...

Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed my Halloween day! Both of the years we hosted exchange students (one from France and one from Germany) they couldn't wait to see Halloween in the states! They both enjoyed the concept of Trick-or-Treating which they had never done. I'm very excited for my "hottie" to arrive. I've been saving crochet patterns trying to decide which one to make!

Amjaylou said...

Love each one of your photos - especially the one of the deers. I'd have been ecstatic to see these in my neighbourhood! You're having a beautiful Autumn (Fall-sorry). The colours are eye poppingly gorgeous. Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my Autumn bunting - it really does mean a lot to me to have your feedback. If you look at my post on the Autumn wreath you'll find a link to the leaf pattern. I will try and write up the acorn pattern soon. Happy crafting! X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...