Monday, July 4, 2011

Green on Green for Red White and Blue

Okay, so I've got my colors mixed up.  Here it is the 4th of July.  I haven't posted since May 20th.  Since then, I've attended the graduations of my first child from college:

and my 2nd child (and oldest son) from high school:

Summer swim team is already 2 weeks in, we've had a house guest for a week, indulged in a bushel of crabs and a lot of cold beer and it must have me confused.

Seeing today is the 4th of July and all the blogs I follow are filled with red white and blue, what's got me in the green?  Well, frankly I forgot to eat breakfast this morning so I needed something substantial to meet both my morning and noon hunger.  I headed off to the garden and picked three baby zuchinis.  They were small, fresh, fabulous.  I sliced them up and sauteed them with a bit of earth balance until they were cooked through but still slightly crisp.  I added an entire chopped avacado - at a perfect stage of ripeness, seasoned it with freshly ground pepper, sea salt and a dash of granulated garlic and ended up with this green on green meal. YUM.



It might be a day for USA, American Flags, hometown parades and Red White and Blue but I found the green on green quite tasty!

I've missed posting on here.  Hopefully it won't be another month before I do it again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...